Wednesday, June 04, 2008

An odd assortment of pics...

Yes, this is a picture of a human skull, and yes, it does cost $800. It's for sale at Robert's Antiques in Lewisburg. I said, "So, Bob, how did you come to have a human skull?" His response? "I used to have a few bodies." Good answer. Someone said I should have asked what happened to them; somehow that didn't occur to me.
If you ever get the chance to go, it's a cool antiques store, having a horse-drawn funeral carriage, complete with child-size coffin; a real electric chair; a guillotine; and old medical equipment, though not as much as he used to have. It's also a huge wine shop, for those interested.
Here's a pic of my orange living room that I promised to post. It's not the best photo, and you'll notice that I hadn't cleaned up (there's a laundry basket in front of the fireplace). But at least you get a feel for the look. I call it a spicy pumpkin color. Hubby says it looked like pumpkin right out of the can. Meaning the pumpkin can and the paint can. Note the rockin' Moravian star light. I love it!

And now, for the test. Anybody want to guess what this is?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Murphy Dogg said...

Hey Cat Lady,
Me and Mama love your orange living room. It coordinates nicely with your cat.
C-ya,
Murphy Dogg

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger S said...

Yeah, it's good to color coordinate your walls and furnishings with your cat ;) It looks really nice!

And the skull picture is really good, in a creepy kind of way.

No clue what that last pic is. Some type of bone?

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Crazy Cat Lady said...

Thanks, Murphy Dogg. I know you aren't fond of cats, but at least you could appreciate my matching a room to them! Maybe your mama could do a nice black and white room for you--very punk!

~CCL

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Crazy Cat Lady said...

S - thanks! I love my orange walls, they really perk me up. And it will tie in wonderfully with my love of Halloween--I've always said I would love to have a Halloween room year-round. Another reason I'd love to buy the skull. :^D

And the answer to the mystery photo is a mushroom. A morel (or as we call them where I'm from, a "mollymoocher") to be precise. We found a couple on the last trip to my parent's house, brought them home and fried 'em up! Yum!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger CatWoman said...

Oh I hope you didn't buy the skull. Yuck. It's almost as bad as having a shrunken head. They wanted to sell me one in Indonesia.
I opted for the masks instead.
Antiques are the bomb. I don't have so much stuff. Just a couple dressers and a working Victor victrola and a few good 78's.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Crazy Cat Lady said...

Hi Catwoman! No, I didn't buy the skull, but I probably would have if I could have afforded it! Actually, I doubt I would even then...how do you explain the skull on the mantle to guests? And I know a Secret Service agent who may visit my house someday, and what would he do? Pull out his Glock and haul me in? Too much trouble to have. The only skull I need is mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Web Site Hit Counters