Monday, November 19, 2007

Looking to help the homeless...

Lately I've felt compelled to go out of my comfort zone and help the homeless in some personal way. I want to meet them, shake hands, maybe even give a hug (although I'm not the hugging type with most people I know, let alone strangers). I want to do more than write a check or send a donation through PayPal. I don't know, blame Shane Claiborne and his book The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical. I want to meet these people who are going through a rough time, to help them, to show them the love of Christ, and to remind myself of how fortunate I am. I'm currently researching ways to help in the Charleston area, and I hope I find the right "fit" for me to help.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Web Site Hit Counters