Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gardening Fever

This past weekend was warm and gorgeous, so now I have The Fever. Gardening Fever, that is. With crocuses blooming and the tulips and daffodils coming up, all I can think about is making our yard magazine-worthy. Of course, I think this each spring, and I'm nowhere near getting in Better Homes and Gardens, but this is the year! (Yeah, right.)

Each year we try to do some landscaping. Some things have worked and look good, like the front yard along the sidewalk, but other things I'm just not so enthused about, like a flower bed in the back yard. When I look at it, I don't see the beginnings of the formal English garden I was going for, I see a now-useless chunk of yard. Hubby and I put a lot of time and money into it, so I just can't bring myself to take it out. So, I'm at an impasse. Do I continue working toward my original vision (which was started about five years ago, and not worked on since), or do I give up, take it out and salvage the boxwood shrubs? If we keep going, it'll cost hundreds more dollars--and hours--and it may still not work. I'll keep you posted.

On another creative note, we're painting the living room--again--this weekend! We totally redecorated last fall using a chocolate brown and Tiffany blue theme. It was elegant. It was mature. It was...boring. And depressing. So we're going...

...are you ready for this?

ORANGE!!!

No, I'm not kidding. I'm thinking a Moroccan theme with plenty of bright colors, jewel-toned glass pendant lighting, and funky. Something that will make the MIL cringe. :-D I'll keep you posted about that as well.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger S said...

That is a really brave choice of color. Wish I could make myself do that. I had to really struggle to make myself buy a-little-darker-than-light green paint for one of my bedrooms.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Crazy Cat Lady said...

It was a bold choice, and I LOVE it! It was hard finding the right shade; we finally went with the fourth shade we tried. I smile every time I look at it! I'll post pics when it's decorated.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Aimee said...

I'd love to see it! I loved the green you had.... what was that color? I may try it somewhere. I thought of you this week when I was watching HGTV and a couple's living room was a similar green.

What did the cats do while you painted? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Web Site Hit Counters