Thursday, July 28, 2005

Change in the weather...

After what seems like months, and truly has probably been about six weeks, we're finally having a break in the hot and humid weather. A storm front moved through yesterday and lowered the temperature--it's only 75F right now! I went home at lunch, turned off the a.c., and opened windows throughout the house. Ahh! It's a nice overcast day, too, and has the feeling of early autumn.

I always get excited to think of autumn coming: the arts and crafts festivals, changing leaf colors, clear, sunny days and cool, crisp nights. With autumn comes the excitement that I felt as a kid, waiting for school to start. I always felt like it was a new beginning, a chance to erase all the dumb stuff of the past. Even in college, fall held the opportunity to meet new friends, something that never happened in my small-town public school. Now, even though I'm well beyond any type of school attendance, I still get caught up in the renewal of my spirit. While spring renews the health of my mind and body, autumn renews my psyche. It's a great feeling; at least, while it lasts. Unfortunately, the knowledge of winter lingers behind my joy, and with it, the dread of the cold. But no need to think of that now; it's still July! The 90 degree weather is far from over, I'm sure!

The hubby's birthday is Saturday, and after weeks of asking him what he wants to do, yesterday it came to him: clean out the garage! So I get to spend half my weekend cleaning, and not cleaning on anything that will help me. Blah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Web Site Hit Counters