Thursday, October 14, 2004

Calgon, take me away...

My husband (a.k.a. Grouchy Old Man) and I are anxiously looking forward to our fall getaway weekend, which will be the weekend of the 22nd. We're off to Lexington, Virginia and Lewisburg, West Virginia for antiquing, sight-seeing, picture-taking, and relaxing. LOTS of relaxing!

I've especially been looking forward to seeing the autumnal splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains and hoping to take many fabulous pictures. Unfortunately, I just called the Lexington Visitor's Bureau and they said there is currently little or no change to the leaves, so Mother Nature is going to have to get busy painting before my visit.

What sucks is that the mister has a broken ankle, thanks to his stupid motorcycle, so excessive walking is out of the question. Of course, that won't hinder my antiquing, as there are always chairs for sale or a sidewalk bench for him to sit on. The shopping must go on!

I'm not feeling very witty today; I guess I'm all burned out for the week. Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Web Site Hit Counters