Friday, September 23, 2005

Photo Friday...

This picture is of an angel tombstone in Lewisburg, West Virginia. The weekend that hubby and I went to inn-sit, we took the ghost tours given through the General Lewis Inn, and one of the tales revolved around this statue. According to legend, the tombstone was erected for the first little girl to die in an influenze epedemic, and her little cousins, who loved and missed her dearly, kissed its cheeks. Soon after, both died. Others have kissed it since, only to also die suddenly and unexpectedly. I'm not superstitious, I just took the picture because I thought the angel was beautiful. By the way, I learned the angel is male, not female, though technically I would assume that angels have no gender. What do I know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Web Site Hit Counters