Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Politics, shmalitics...

Warning: If you've sent me an email on why one politician is bad, you may be offended by the following. I'm sorry if it happens, but I feel the need to have my say as much as you felt the need to campaign to me.

I'm so sick of politics, politicians, and political ads. No wonder: I saw on the news this morning that Obama started campaigning over one year and eight months ago, and McCain started over one year and six months ago. We should pass a law that says that no one can campaign until, say, three months before the primaries. Even then we'll all be sick of it by May.

I'm also sick of friends who send me their "the other guy will destroy our nation" propaganda. Some of the stuff said about both presidential candidates gives the office way more credit than it deserves. Obama won't single-handedly shut down the coal industry. McCain won't single-handedly drive our nation into debt. Besides, that's been done anyway. We don't have a dictatorship. We have a system of checks and balances in place for a reason...this very reason, so that one person can't come in and go nuts with power. I just want to throw a Civics book at some people.

And of course, it won't end tomorrow, or next week, just because the election is over (God forbid we have another fiasco like in Florida in 2000). We'll have to hear about how Obama didn't have the experience McCain said he should have had, or how McCain really is just another Bush.
Can you tell I'm ready to strangle every politician I see?

At least I voted. I didn't want to, because I don't like McCain or Obama particularly. I like some things about both, and dislike some things about both. Unfortunately, this isn't a "build your perfect candidate" race. You have to go with what you were given. My candidate didn't get very far, and I think it's a shame. He had charisma (like Obama) and the background (like McCain) to get the job done. I would have written him in, but it would have been a wasted vote, and in this election, I can't afford to do that.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

I didn't mean to offend you. I'm sorry.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Crazy Cat Lady said...

You didn't offend me; I was just sick of all the political crap and needed to vent. Sorry I made you think that.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Aimee said...

It's ok... I guess all my emails were basically in retalliation to all the stuff I got from the "other" side. Sorry... I guess I'm just glad it's over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Web Site Hit Counters